Sunday, May 8, 2011

The small things that still make me happy

Taking tons of pictures each day, The Beatles, friends that are far far away but feel very close in my heart, writing about foolish things, tomatoes, books that make me lose track of time, staring at the sea and listening to the sound of waves, a song that reminds me of good times, the smell of the sea in San Sebastián, walking barefoot, having one family on each side of the Ocean, Friday evenings with nothing to do, sleeping in on Saturdays, weekend breakfasts, sunny winter Sundays, summer storms, autumn colours, long spring days, fresh orange juice, big trees, comfortable sneakers, snow, engaging in a fantastic conversation with my sister Loretta while enjoying a "Blue Moon" and forgetting the ribs were on the barbecue, movies that make me laugh, movies that make me cry, singing in the shower, a good night's sleep,
apple crumble with custard, the scent of Grandma Nicolasa's red roses and rockrose on the hill, believing that time goes by and I stay the same, soap bubbles, discovering new wonderful places, laughing until it hurts, looking through the window on a starry night, full moons, theatre plays written by Alejandro Casona, Paul's voice, having drinks with friends, Stella's perfume, wandering around with nowhere to go, frogs, handwritten letters, meeting with friends at home for hours and hours, buying presents for people I care about, strawberry ice cream, thinking aloud, Scottish landscapes, chilling on the sofa,

little villages in Castilla y León, throwing stones in the lake, the sand in "La Concha", foulards and scarves, a good Martini, sweet and sour flavours, basketball, cheesy movies, olives, stuffed toys, big hugs from people I love, Harrison Ford, naff dresses, purple things, "Leffe" beer, black & white pictures, eating with my fingers, riding my bicycle in Pozuelo, screaming in the mountains and hearing the echo coming back, fruit salads, heavy rock music, strong colours, Navarra and its people, dusks & dawns, crossing bridges, stepping on dry leaves, fireworks, thinking that everything will be alright...


No comments:

Post a Comment