Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dani Martín

It had been a while since my last concert. I think it was Bruce Springsteen's.
Last night I went to see Dani Martín (the former lead singer of the Spanish band "El Canto del Loco").
Leaving aside the controversy over it being an election "manoeuvre" from the town's mayor, I had high hopes for this concert. I had seen  ECDL  at the Valladolid Latino Festival in May 2008 and there he communicated so much energy from stage!

My perception yesterday was quite different.
I didn't like the chosen premises (the "León arena").  First, there was too much "echo" and second, I had to shake off  two spiders that were going down my arm while I was there... They seemed to be everywhere!! Eeeek!!
Besides, something happened to the lights during  the first part of the concert and we couldn't see a thing!
He chose to go for a "slower" selection of songs (his solo album "Pequeño" is more intimate, I guess). Not exactly what I was expecting...

Although it looked as if everything around was meant to ruin the show (including the weather), I enjoyed it.
This music is supposed to aim for a younger public. I guess that makes me -at least- young at heart...
I took some pictures with my phone (awful quality, but I had to try).

Now all I can say is: I hope I can go to another concert soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment