Sunday, October 20, 2013

The more things change, the more they stay the same

It looks like I cannot be faithful to any of the social nets for long. For me, it all started with MySpace (which, so far, has been my second favourite), but I stopped using it because the FaceBook fever started, which was great for a while and allowed me to re-connect with some of my long-lost US family and friends... But then FB got popular in Spain and it ruined the whole thing for me. Now I only log in once or twice a month at the most. Before "leaving" FB (well, technically I haven't left it, but... you know) I had a hard time getting used to Twitter but, guess what?!, it became my third favourite social network. The first one is... Instagram! And, by the looks of it, it will be the only one where I will be posting anything regularly... Although, who knows? I'm the queen of procrastination!! IG wasn't my first attempt to share my passion for photography (I used to post my pictures on Fotolog before that), but having an iPhone helped a lot in this process. Of course, I also started blogging a couple of years ago and... Look how well I've done! Four entries in 2012 and this one is my third this year! Leaving aside my "procrastination issues", I must confess I can't keep my "loyalty" to any of these networks/apps, because with time they all have been losing what I felt was their true essence. They were born as something special, but I feel time and people ended up "corrupting" them. I will keep using them (of course!), but I don't feel the "need" to be on-line all the time anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment