Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Our "shared" Spanish blood is thicker than all the water in the Atlantic Ocean...

I was an only child for 12 years. Then, life gave me one brother & five sisters over a very short period of time...

Only my brother is blood-related (on my mother's side) and I adore him (yes, even when he gives me a hard time!!). He's probably the best thing that has ever "happened" to me.

My three step-sisters arrived when my mother remarried.

After that, I found (*or did they find me?*) my two soul-sisters -formerly known as my "host-sisters". I lived with them (and their wonderful-generous-loving parents, María & Gary) the year I spent studying in the States... I love them so much! It's hard to believe how I can feel this close with someone when we have an Ocean (and a whole country, for that matter) between us!! We were "disconnected" for a while, but thanks to modern technology we were able to "reconnect" (Thank you social networks!!). I wonder if our Spanish blood (mom-María is from Sevilla!) has anything to do with that feeling... Probably not, but it is a cool thought, isn't it? I had a chance to spend a few weeks with these beautiful human beings again last Summer and I cannot wait to see them again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment